October 3, 2017

Sunny Studios + Decorating your Christmas Mantle

It's that time of the year again when we start planning out holiday cards! Christmas is my favorite season to send handmade cheer to those I love.  Let's take a closer look at the Fireplace Shaped Steel Die Set. 




I created this card starting with a white fireplace background. This gave me a nice, clean slate to work on. To decorate, I began with the inside of fire pit and created a bold, colorful look with "bricks" in aqua tones and gray. Next, I stamped the sentiment in the upper right hand corner of the mantle. The flames and logs were layered in the center of the fire pit and give the card a touch of warmth. A few red stocking were hung with care, some with candy cane treats and an enamel heart. A sprig of holly stamped from the Christmas Icons set finishes off the card.



Decorating mantles of all different types is a fun way to use the Fireplace Shaped Steel Die Set. You can go with traditional red bricks or give it a playful aqua twist - customization is endless here!



SUPPLIES:  Fireplace Shaped Steel Dies | Christmas Icons Stamp Set | Playful Polar Bears Stamp Set

2 comments:

  1. I saw your card over at the Neat &Tangled blog and said it was an awesome winter scene !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bricks inside the fireplace.
    Darling card.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete