June 13, 2017

Sunny Studios Design Team!

I'm so happy to be on the Sunny Studios Stamps design team! I started making cards last summer to get a break from the big scrapbook canvases that I was working on. I fell in love with these tiny pieces of art. I love the coloring, the cuteness and the challenge of a new craft.



This is the first cards that I made for Sunny Studios with the Pirate Pals stamp set. I love these cute little guys! I used the wave steel cut die to create a perfect spot for my peek-a-boo pirates.



A wash of Distress Ink in Broken China over the front adds a punch of color to front of the card. All of the stamped images were colored in with Copic markers. I'm still getting the hang of these and practice (and more practice) has definitely helped!

The next set of cards were made using the fun Oceans of Joy stamp set. This set is so very versatile and the addition of a bouquet of balloons makes it perfect for all of those birthday cards I make year after year.



I started the card by using Distress Ink in Broken China on watercolor paper to create the wash of aqua color on the front of the card. Next, I cut out three windows and added a sentiment to the upper right hand corner.


All of the stamped images were colored with Copic markers and tucked behind the windows in peek-a-boo effect. A few scattered sequins completes this ocean of birthdays card.


Here’s a peek at a second card that I created using the leftover images I colored from the Oceans of Joy stamp set. I based this one on a very subtle bubble background in the center. I used all of the bubble stamps with very light grey ink to fill in the circular window. A few sequins and all of the leftover colored images complete the card!

Next time you need a few under the sea cards, grab Oceans of Joy and color your heart out!

SUPPLIES | Click on the photo for more info

Sunny Studio Stamps - Clear Acrylic Stamps - Pirate Pals  Sunny Studio Stamps - Sunny Snippets - Dies - Pirate Pals  Sunny Studio Stamps - Clear Acrylic Stamps - Oceans of Joy  Sunny Studio Stamps - Sunny Snippets - Dies - Oceans of Joy


Ranger Ink - Tim Holtz - Distress Oxides Ink Pads - Broken China  Lawn Fawn - Lawn Cuts - Dies - Small Stitched Square Stackables  Lawn Fawn - Lawn Cuts - Dies - Large Dotted Circle Stackables  Sunny Studio Stamps - Sunny Snippets - Dies - Stitched Scalloped Borders


Bella Blvd - Puffy Stickers - Hearts - Punch Mix

3 comments: